A boxed set of shooting place markers by William Powell & Son Gunmakers Ltd of Birmingham
This superb set of ten place markers are fashioned from glass shot vials (all numbered individually to the base) with silver hallmarked lids designed in the shape of 12 bore cartridges. They are hallmarked for Birmingham 2003 with the silvermakers initials of HH. All our housed within a brown leather case with velvet interior and the William Powell & Son gunmaker’s trade card on the inside of the lid.
Founded in 1802, William Powell have been a leading gunsmiths since their inception. Joined by his son (also William) in 1844, the company were exhibitors at The Great Exhibition of 1850 and had moved to their famous premises on Carrs Lane in 1860. The company was eventually sold out of family ownership in 2008 and the manufacturing base was moved to Banbury.
In superb condition, this set is complete and the glass is all free from chips or breaks.