Edwardian Fisherman's Salmon Priest by Hardy Brothers of Alnwick
An Edwardian Hardy Brothers of Alnwick Brass Fisherman’s Salmon Priest with Hickory Handle.
The Hardy Brothers began selling fishing products in 1874 in Alnwick Northumberland and are perhaps the most renowned manufacturers of fishing tackle and accessories. They received the patrimony of the Prince of Wales, the future George V in 1901 and continue to trade to this day as Hardy & Greys Ltd.
The brass weighted tip of this fisherman‘s priest is engraved with the Hardy Brothers mark and also includes the royal coat of arms and the Prince of Wales feathers. It shows some wear to the markings commensurate with age. A lovely example which still maintains its braided wrist band.
Circa 1901 - 1910