Georgian Bristol Blue Glass Club Shaped Brandy Decanter with Applied Gilt Lettering
A Georgian period Bristol blue glass club shaped brandy decanter with original stopper. The decanter with applied gilt brandy label and simulated chain and stopper with the intial B to either side.
Bristol blue glass colour is derived from the use of cobalt oxide and became popularised in the late eighteenth century when William Cooksworthy acquired a stock of colbalt from a mine in Saxony and the style remained popular into the nineteenth century.
In superb condition with no chips or cracks. A really super example. Circa 1785