William IV Painted Pine Library Table - Provenance Charterhouse School
An early nineteenth century painted pine William IV library table from Charterhouse school.
This table is a rare survivor from Charterhouse’s previous location in Smithfields in London. Having moved to Godalming in Surrey by 1872 the design predates this move by almost fifty years. Stamped profusely across it underside and both drawers, this table will have reached the open market as a result of its divestment during the move.
The full history can be read on the school’s website:
A historic and desirable piece of furniture with its original paint finish
Circa 1830 - 1840